


The love for Kitty is so strong, we had to buy back-up Kittys off the internet in case we lost her. We had two that both lost their noses and had pretty equal wear. One night, after a visit to Kroger last fall, we realized Kitty was missing. Jeff remembered placing Kitty on top of the car while he buckled Kinley in... our guess is Kitty went car surfing. I was so distraught, I made Jeff go look for her at 9:30 at night (no luck). I then went looking--at 10:00--in my pajamas--in the ditches around Kroger, everywhere. The Sherriff's Patrol pulled over, lights flashing, to see what on earth I was doing. I explained as best as I could. Did they help? No! They left my crazy self there in the ditch with my flashlight. No kitty was ever found. Down to one Kitty :( I still catch myself scanning the sides of the road every now and then when I go to Kroger...
We locked Kitty in the hotel safe on our trip to Mexico. God forbid a maid should throw her out with the linens!
Okay, this is the last cute Kitty story. When we came home from the hospital with Kallen, we were so curious to see how Kinley would react. That girl looked at Kallen for a minute, and then ran to her room. She promptly returned with another of her own kitties (failed attempt by KK to duplicate "Kitty") and gave it to Kallen saying, "She needs a kitty!" How sweet, right?

Kitty is the theme to most of our make-believe stories, a comfort when Kinley is sad or hurt, a companion on the swings. She has been dropped in the toilet, bathed many times in the washer and dryer, operated on. She has a "poked out" nose and a tail that has all the stuffing squeezed out. We have a back up Kitty that Kinley will have nothing to do with because she is too new--it still has a nose, too clean, too fluffy. Has ever a greater love existed between a girl and her kitty?

5 comments:
OH Kitty! I love this post. Kitty and Kinley remind me of The Velveteen Rabbit. That makes me smile.
I'm so glad Kinley loves her kitty. She told me her kitty was the "best kitty ever." I told her I thought my kitty (Puddin") was the best kitty ever. She said, "No, my kitty is." haha! Her kitty certainly is nicer to her than Puddin' is. Loved the sweet stories & pics.
Kay-Kay
Great post! Yea for me and my fabulous present!
Great post. I think it's sweet:)
oh jodie, that's a hilarious post. i'm laughing out loud. soo darn cute. i remember kitty from the very beginning. kinley will love reading this when she gets older. sure wish there were pics of you in the ditches near kroger.
Post a Comment