Thursday, March 19, 2009

All in a year's time

So I really need to post about the exciting week we had last week, but I only have a minute so I wanted to say "WOO HOO!!!" One year ago today Kallen had hip surgery and had her cast placed. It is amazing to me how much has changed in a year. A year ago today, I was a mess--so worried about my baby and frantically applying purple duct tape! Today, she is running and climbing faster than I can catch her :) We went back to the doctor in December and although they said there wasn't a lot of change in terms of growth of her hip sockets yet, we are all optimistic that she will continue to grow and develop normally. There's a chance she will have to have surgery again when she is 4.5 years old, but that is in the distant future. It's our prayer that God will heal her little hips so we can avoid that!!


4 comments:

Sonya @ Balentine Bliss said...

That's great news! She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for sweet Kallen & the progress she has made this year! 2009 is definitely better than this time last year.

K-K

rachel said...

wow, i can't believe it's been a year. you guys went through so much and just look at her now!

Bridgette said...

I remember praying for her when Allison posted pictures of her little cast. I can't believe it's been a year either, what a blessing!