Okay, I just pretended like I was caught up on that last post :) More pre-Christmas activities!
Making gingerbread houses with Kinley's kindergarten class
This was so fun. I loved seeing all the kids' creativity! And they enjoyed the icing... :)
Jeff's boss bought us front row tickets to the circus! The real Ringling Bros. circus!
Here's the girls outside of the forum in front of the giant light-tree
The clowns!
The elephants! (Our faves :))
These girls were amazing, the hooked their hair to these rings and were lifted in the air, spinning, just by their hair! Ouch!
My little clowns :)
We had so much fun and so appreciated the tickets!!
Now, not to neglect the upcoming little man in our lives, here are some shots from the shower the sweet girls at work threw for me and Graham at Paulette's :)
Cindy and her beautiful daughter Mallory
Anissa and Amie
Keri, Diana, Tabitha, and Latosha managed to avoid the camera...
I have known these girls for almost ten years, and they have seen me through every pregnancy. It meant so much to me to celebrate this special time with them.
They spoiled Graham and me rotten with all kinds of wonderful boy-stuff! Whoa, what are we going to do with a boy around here?!?
Thanks again, everyone!! We truly appreciate it!
Kallen's Christmas Party at Preschool
I didn't get many good pictures of the party, I was in charge of coordinating the activites and food :). The elegant menu: pizza, fruit, pretzels, and candy-cane rice krispie treats
The chaos of game time!
This is just a super-duper cute picture of my little ballerina rocking her legwarmers :)
I'm guessing this is her favorite pose! Here's Kallen before her Preschool Christmas program
Concentrating very hard on walking in...
Kallen did a great job, she was very serious about singing every word and performing every hand motion! So cute! She later told me she was singing into the microphone and that's why she was so serious :)
Kallen and her BFF, Lacy
After the program, an angel cookie from a local bakery to celebrate a job well done!
That night was her ballet recital. So stinkin' cute!!
They tap danced to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer :)
They tap danced to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer :)
Kinley's school had a breakfast with Santa one Friday morning. We had already seen Santa, so we just went for the breakfast. Although Kallen doesn't look like she's enjoying herself, she ate all her pancakes AND bacon! Kinley ate one bite of each pancake, ha!
Kinley's art project was featured in the lobby for her class! The assignment: "If you were an elf, what would you make?" Translation: "If I were an elf I would make a bic (bike)". So good!! Love my little artist!
Kallen and I were doing a little shopping at the mall one day and discovered a "Letter to Santa" table at Macy's!
She wrote her letter...
Translation: "A barbie bike with a pocket, Tinkerbell skates, and a surprise. Kallen"
And mailed it off! Let's hope she's been good this year!
Kinley's last day of school before Christmas break with her sweet teacher
Again, I don't have many pictures from the party because I was partly in charge, but it was so much fun! I think the kids had a great time!
We took the girls downtown to the Peabody that night for our yearly trek to see the decorations.
My sweet girls on their doggies (or reindeer, if you're Kallen)
Daddy and his girls!
After looking at all the decorations, we went outside to see the horses that pull the carriages. It was much too cold for a ride, but we're adding that to the list for future ideas!
Another big event for December...Jeff's dad (Pop) retired! We are all so excited for him to start this new chapter of life. He insisted he did not want a party of any kind, but we couldn't resist a little surprise. Jeff's mom made reservations at his (and our) favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris, and told him she was taking him out to celebrate. The rest of us got there early to surprise him.
Me and Jeff
Connie and Adam
Jack and Julie
Finally, they arrived! And we all had one more surprise for them... new luggage for all the traveling we hope they are able to do soon!
Um, this has nothing to do with the celebration, but this was my dessert. YUM. I didn't eat it all at once, but man, if I could've I would've!
The whole Perkins gang!
We love you, Pop, and are so excited for you!!
I am fortunate enough to still have a great group of girlfriends from high school that gets together every other month or so. We had our annual Christmas party at Cara's.
Brandi, Connie, Me
And then... they surprised me with a baby shower! So sweet!!
Check out this awesome sign that Connie designed and Adam made!! Gorgeous!!
The "crew" girls minus Angie, who was sick :(.
I love these girls and am so glad we are all still a part of each other's lives. Thanks everyone for all the goodies and such a fun night!
Okay, there's December in a nutshell! Next up...Christmas!!








No comments:
Post a Comment