Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kinley is 6!!

But before we get to the big birthday, we had Baby Dedication Sunday the day before. For one reason or another, we have missed both of the girls' Dedications. Don't judge! With Kinley, we never got word that they were having it. With Kallen, she was in the bodycast and wasn't feeling well and we had a miscommunication about the date so we missed that one, too. So we were determined to make it to Graham's and include the girls as well!




 Hurray, we made it!! And everyone did great. G did spit up a bit and we had no burp cloth...but we managed :)

The next morning was Kinley's big day! She has been counting down to turning 6 for sooo long! Graham and Kallen were awake way ahead of Kinley. Kallen is already ready for swimming lessons :)

Oh, my precious birthday girl. She came downstairs with her crown from school. She's been saving that thing for 3-4 weeks!

She headed straight to the table to check out her gift and giant balloon

"Happy Birthday, Sissy!"

After opening gifts we went to swimming lessons, then more swimming with the cousins at Julie's pool. We came home, made homemade tiaras (Kinley's paper crown ripped :)), and then got ready to go to the mall! It's a yearly tradition to go there on Kinley's birthday. This year, the girls picked Wendy's for dinner, complete with a Frosty. Then we did a little shopping at Justice and headed to the main event...the bungee jump.

Kinley is pumped up and ready to pay!

 Love from Daddy


She's off!

Happy Birthday, sweet Kinley! We love you so much!

Some Kinley fun facts/phrases:
You have not lost any teeth yet, but have two very wiggly bottom teeth. You are so excited to lose them!


You have started using a new phrase to describe just how hungry you are, or tired, or excited, etc. It is usually in reference to hunger and goes like this:
K: "Mommy, I'm hungry. Can I have a snack?"
M: "No, we're about to eat dinner."
K: *groan* "But I'm too hungry... I can't hold my hungry!"
Haha! Can also be used as "I'm too tired...I can't hold my tired!", etc. So cute :)


You are quite possibly the only kid out there who doesn't care for pizza. Or at least, you say you don't. You will eat it, but you are not usually happy about it. Until you figured out you could BUY pizza at school on Fridays. So now you claim you only like pizza on Fridays just so you can buy your lunch. Stinker. :) That phrase has also caught on with Kallen, who happens to love pizza. But now she claims that she, too, only likes pizza on Friday! Too bad she doesn't have the option to purchase it on Friday yet ;)

One night, you were admiring my wedding rings and asking why I had two rings, etc. I explained the whole engagement/wedding ring thing to you and you said you wanted all those rings when you grew up and got married. Then you told me you want to marry a certain boy (who will remain nameless for privacy's sake!). I was surprised to say the least. You never talk about boys or marriage, and you are a good foot taller than this boy! You said, "He's the smallest boy at school (but is your age). He's just so cute!" So a few days later, you brought it up again that you wanted to marry him and that he was so little. You then said, "but I won't tell him he's little." I said, "That's good, that might hurt his feelings if you call him little." Kallen burst out with "YEAH! Tell him he's big, REALLY Big!" We all cracked up!

At 5 1/2 years old, you told me you want to be a mommy when you grow up.

Me: "Kinley, what's your favorite thing to do?"
K: "Play with Kallen"
Me: "What about your friends?"
K: "I like Kallen the best"

You weigh 47.5 pounds. Your hair is mostly brown with some gorgeous blonde highlights in the front.
You love Ariel, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies, Barbies.
You are such a thoughtful little girl. You love to make cards and draw pictures for others.

Our first morning home with Graham from the hospital I woke up and could hear a TV. Daddy found you watching TV in the hearth room. You told him that you didn't want to wake Graham up by coming in our room so you decided to watch TV in there :)

You loved school and are such an amazing reader. You tested at a second semester first grader's reading level. You are such a sweet daughter and amazing sister. We love you so much and are so proud of the  girl you are becoming!

No comments: