Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Turn of Events...And More May Events!

So, the evening of the field trip to the Children's Museum (see previous post), we noticed a large amount of swelling at Kallen's hip surgery site (where the pins are located). Picture a boggy golf ball sized area just under the skin. Being a nurse, I immediately panicked and started calling friends, gathering opinions. It was too late to call the Ortho clinic, so I basically checked it throughout the night to make sure it wasn't getting larger and loaded her in the car first thing the next morning. I called on the way, and they were anxious to see her as soon as we could get there. Long story longer, her pins had irritated her skin (this child has NO meat on her bones to protect the pins) and the pins needed to come out. Surgery was set for the next day. UGH! 

Luckily, we were in and out of the actual appointment soon enough to still make it to Kindergarten story time at AES. They welcomed upcoming kindergartners (sniff, sniff) and gave a tour of the classrooms. Kallen thought it was really neat to be in "Sissy's school". 

Kallen and her BFF, Lacy :)
Can these girls really be old enough for Kindy!??

The next morning, Kallen, Kk and I headed downtown for surgery #2.
Sweet, brave girl.

The procedure lasted about an hour and a half. She woke up pretty easily and just wanted lots to drink.
Post-op

After lots of issues trying to get my car out of the garage (um, I so needed Jeff to be my chauffeur that day!), we finally got her loaded in the car and home. We stopped to pick up some lunch on the way. I carried her to the couch, telling her she wouldn't be up to walking for a while. I went into the kitchen to fix her food, and that stinker followed me in there. She stood there smiling, saying, "I told you I could walk." Once again, she defied the odds and proved the doctors wrong!

Kinley and Jeff, haha

Mother's Day Tea at school
Kinley and Dylan

Kinley has been so excited and proud to have a "surprise" for me at school. She made the cutest cards and they each had a picture frame with photo for the mommies!

They read the cutest poems, too!

Kallen celebrating her summer birthday with her school friends

Too shy to blow out the candles!

Thank you, Mrs. Amber!

Graham especially liked the cheetos :)

Cutie pies!


Kinley's Boosterthon Fun Run at school

They received pledges for every lap they ran

Kinley and Hannah

The laps had different themes to keep it interesting, this one was running with a friend. 
Kinley and Anna M.

 Kallen is almost as tall as her big sis!

Kinley and her sweet friend, Lilly

Happy boy!

Kallen wearing my shirt and boots, hahaha. That girl is crazy ;)

Toothless grin!

Date night at the Grizz

No comments: