Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fishing with Bud

It's been almost 4 years since I've gotten to go fishing, so you know how excited I was to get to go again... and take Kinley! She did so great. We were out on the boat for close to 2 hours: talk about patience. She was decked out in her Dora life jacket and her Dora fishing pole. She even fished for a good 10 minutes before getting bored!
Bud's teaching Kinley how to fish!

Then he showed her how to blow the horn. Maybe that's why we didn't catch any fish...

Kinley's big catch. Look close...

If asked if she caught a fish, she responds very seriously "Yeah, my REAL purple fish!"


So, I know you are wondering, "If Kinley only fished for 10 minutes, but you stayed out for 2 hours, what did Kinley do?" Well, here's how the conversations went throughout the day:
Kinley: Mommy, let's go home.
Me: Umm... do you want a snack? (Cheetos given)
Kinley: Mommy, let's go get Kallen and KK.
Me: Hmm, would you like some grapes?
Kinley: Mommy, let's go back and get on the ground.
Me: Ooh! I have some M&M's!

In all honesty, Kinley enjoyed all the snacks and had a great time in between all my bribing/feeding. She was a great little fisher-girl and on the way back to the shore she said, "Maybe after my nap Bud will take us fishing again." Not today, honey, but soon! :) Thanks, Bud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kinley is definitely the CUTEST little fisher-girl I have ever seen! And I'm glad she remembered me & Kallen while she was having her big adventure!

Love, Kay-Kay

Kress Smith said...

What a great memory:) Glad you are blogging to document it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, too cute!!! Love it. What a fun day for you girls and Bud!

Quad Squad! said...

SO cute! I'm glad you gys had fun! Maybe she'll catch a whopper next time!

rachel said...

cheetos, grapes, then the big guns, M&M's. i found that pretty funny.