Well, sad news. I've lost, er, um, "misplaced" my camera and can't post any cute pics today from all our Halloween festivities ;( I keep looking, but have yet to find it. Darn! Oh well, I will post some of the cute things Kallen says these days to make up for it!
"I sleep fasta!" I have no clue why she says this, but whenever she wakes up she declares she sleeps faster. I guess she doesn't want to sleep too long!
"Shon't know!" Again, don't, or should I say, "shon't" know where this came from unless she is shortening "I sure don't know". This is currently my favorite thing she says. There are different versions of "shon't" sayings- "Shon't did it" means "I can't do it", "Shon't want to"--I don't want to. hee, hee. Love it!
"A pinch?" with fingers together as in a small amount. Most commonly stated at nighttime when she wants to rock. More. "Momma, rock-rock me some more. Just a pinch!?" How could anyone resist that!?
On the other hand, Kinley has started to say things correctly. Yea, because obviously, this is a good thing. But it makes me a little sad, because it means she's growing up! Yesterday, she said "river" instead of "ribber" for the first time. She says "Kallen" instead of "Kawen". She sings "You are My Sunshine" with all the correct words. She is most inquisitive asking "Why?" until I can't answer anymore! She is getting so good at talking to unfamiliar people. She used to be so shy, and didn't speak to her Preschool teachers last year until almost the end of the year! She has always talked to her friends a lot, but not other grown ups (besides those she knows well. And even some of them she has shunned :)) But she is getting so social! She still says, "L M oh no P" during her ABC's, thank goodness. I might cry the first time she sings it and leaves out the "oh no"!
Love, love these girls and all the happiness they bring us. Hope this put a smile on your face, too!
Update: Yea! I found my camera!! Pictures to come soon. Yes, Kinley does still say school funny: "sool" or something kinda like it. It's hard to repronounce! and "Jack bars" instead of "Apple Jacks". And I forgot a couple of Kallen's cutesy words:
"Babadob" -- Doctor Bob, our pediatrician. "Babadob hurt my nose!!" Darn flu swab :)
"Ucy and Yaya"--Lucy and Olivia
"Puddy"-- Puddin
"Nack"--snack
"Go Tidas!"-- Go Tigers!
"Swimmin poot"-- swimming suit, ha!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
ah, precious! especially "shon't" and "oh no". i can't believe how quickly they are growing up. so sad, even if it does have to happen.
I'm smiling! I get a real laugh out of listening to both of those girls talk. Now how does Kinley pronounce "school"? I know it is not quite right, but it is still very cute!
Love, K-K
Glad you found your camera! Now for two cute stories from Kinley today. She was telling me things she liked about my house. Eventually told me she liked my playroom. Me: You do? K: Yes, but my playroom is bigger. Me: I know. K: But I like yours better. Me: (surprised!) Why? K: Because you have much more toys. Ha! Ha! And so not true.
Later, I asked Kinley what she wanted me to give her for Christmas. She thought a minute & said, "I would like you to give me something from your playroom to bring to my house." I asked what she would like. She told me anything I wanted her to have. I said, How about the Memory cards? She said, no not that. I named a couple of other things & she said no. Then she said, "I know! I would like to have that little camera thing that goes click"(the Viewmaster that belonged to you & Ali). That's all she wants from me & I told her she could have it. So cute! I laughed most of the afternoon at those girls. :=) Loved little K in her Ariel costume.
Precious, precious! I love it! I wish we got to see you guys more often! And I'm glad you found your camera!
Post a Comment