Whoa, I am behind. But when you see how long this post is, you'll understand why I put it off so long. We had a b-u-s-y holiday season (like everyone) but had so much fun seeing everyone and spending time together.
I'm thinking I take waay too many pictures. Below is Kinley after she said, "Hey, take my picture by the stockings..." Posing with Kitty of course :)
Anyhoo, Ali, Jim, and the kiddos came in town the weekend before Christmas, so we got the party started early! The day they got here, we all went to my parents' house for Christmas dinner and a few presents. George and Nancy were there (my aunt/uncle) and gave Kallen the cutest puppy!
It barks constantly, but doesn't have to be taken outside, so we'll keep it :)
Kallen shows off her gorgeous accessories! Kinley also got her first "real ring" from G & N. I don't have a picture, but she is soo proud of it!
Kinley's Ariel, meet Reagan's Ariel
The next night we had everyone to our house for Christmas Brunch #1. Traditionally, we have all our families over Christmas morning for brunch, but since Ali was here, we decided to modify a bit. Jeff's parents joined us for dinner before they went to church, and then we let the kids open the rest of their presents!
All lined up
Not so easy to get 6 kids 4 and under to look and smile at the same time. I can't even get 2 to do that most of the time!
Trying again
At last! Presents!
Kallen supervises while Kinley opens
Poor KK didn't feel too well after eating all that rich food and had to go home. We tried to get the kids' energy all out before they went back to Bud and KK's for bed. We have a rule at our house that you can't jump on the bed on your feet, but it's okay if you're on your knees (does that help any? I dunno). Here 4/6 are watching themselves in Kinley's mirror.
The next morning, George and Nancy invited us out to Kirby to eat lunch. The kids loved the big tree, big staircase, and all the attention they got! Especially the chocolate milk in a fancy glass at lunch :)
Nancy and the gals
Me and my polka dot girls
We were so sad to say goodbye to our "cousins", but promise to take a road trip to see them soon. Kinley and Kallen are dying to see Reagan's bed for some reason!
Christmas Eve, Bud and KK went with us to a candlelight service at our church. It was so pretty and so nice! Here's Kinley getting ready to go at her new vanity. Thanks, Bud and KK!
No, we didn't leave it in the kitchen :)
Sweet sisters!
In front of the tree
"Smile pretty" got me this
And this is "Make a crazy face!" Huh? Kallen said, "Look at my foot, that's crazy." Yeah.
After the service, we had some Chinese takeout, made chocolate milk and chocolate chip cookies for Santa, and got the girls ready for bed. They were too excited to sleep! Finally, they drifted off so Santa could come.
Christmas morning! Santa brought Kinley her Hello Kitty bike!!
And Kallen got a cool scooter!!
*gasp*! Santa brought us Tic Tacs!!
Another sign I take too many pictures:
"Take a picture of me, Mommy!"
All of Jeff's family came over for Christmas Brunch #2
Cousins!!
That afternoon, we went to Pop and Gigi's for Christmas Dinner. Kallen brought her BittyBaby from Santa...
and got this awesome baby bed! Thanks, Pop and Gigi! She also got a changing table and diaper bag--it's the cutest stuff!
Isabella and Lucy got American Girl dolls from Santa this year, and Kinley was feeling a tad left out. Lucky for Kinley, her Pop and Gigi had her taken care of :)
"I just knew that's what it was going to be!" She loves her Just Like Me doll :)
Kallen and Tinkerbell
Lucy and Kinley tell Kallen all about it
Kallen, my little hypochondriac, practices walking with teeny tiny crutches, ha ha
Sweet friends!
Kinley loves her doll so much, that she insisted she needed PJ's to sleep in. I found an old onesie of Kallen's, cut it up and refashioned it to fit. Made some pants and voila!
We hope you all had as great a Christmas as we did. We have made so many fun memories, shared so many great moments with family, and can't wait to do it again next year!
.bmp)

3 comments:
I enjoyed reading & reliving it all again - well, except the part about me getting sick. :=( You have a lot of great pics & memories!
Love,
K-K
Ok...wait a minute...you said all that about making pjs for the doll like it was no big deal. Huh?!?!? If I managed something like that I would be calling the new stations. You get the "Mom Of The Year" award! Maybe that's why the Lord gave me a boy. I just throw some blocks in the floor for him and call it good.
Your pictures were darling. Looks like yall had a great holiday!
Love ya!
Jodie,
I am so glad my Mom sent me the link to your blog! (I think your Dad emailed it to her!) I love keeping up with your precious daughters and the family in Tennessee! Looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment