Shocker, I am behind again in my blogging :) So, here's the bulk of January condensed in one post!
Happy New Year's! (yes, that far back)
We rang in the New Year with Gigi, Pop, Connie, Adam and their girls, Olivia and Lucy. While the grownups played Wii, the girls had fun in the garage!
Here's Kinley with Snow White at her friend Sarah's birthday party
Later that same day we went to Abe's birthday pajama party at Pump it Up! The girls had a blast! (Jeff, too!)
Kinley has always been too scared to go down the big slide there. Seriously, it terrified her! At the party, I was watching Kallen play and turned around to look for Kinley, and there she was marching up to the top of that slide! She slid down over and over. She was so proud of herself, as was I :) All in her own time!!
Another big fear conquered, Kallen poo'd in the potty! We wrapped up some surprises and she had to poo to unwrap one. Here, she shows off her Princess and the Frog rings. I'd like to say that after all the presents were opened, she continued to poo poo in the potty like a big girl. Instead, I'll just say... there are more presents to be opened :) We're getting there, sigh, someday maybe I won't be buying Pull-Ups!
Here's Kallen, Ella, and Kinley playing dress up after school one day. This picture doesn't do justice to the massive amounts of greasy pink makeup they smeared on their faces! Kinley and Ella proclaimed, "We're wearing pink make up because our boyfriends like pink!" Yowza. I responded with a overreactive speech about how they should wear pink only if they like it and that they shouldn't care what boys think about their makeup... I'm practicing for the teenage years :)
Kallen's friend, Lacy, went to get her first real hair cut and invited us to go, too. A whole year has passed since the big haircut disaster of '08 and Kallen's hair has finally grown out! It needed a trim, too, so she and Lacy made a day of it complete with manicures :)
Before the trim
After the cut, Ms. Beth makes Kinley a happy girl with alternating pink and purple nail polish!
All sparkly and polished. Man, the girls love going to get their hair cut!
Kallen snapped a pic of me and my Kinley!
I had to hold this stinker's head still to get a picture of us together. Do you see the bones of my hand protruding out of sheer force!? Oh, they love to tease :)
Hope you all had a great January. Now to get caught up on February!!

1 comment:
Your girls are so precious! Love all the pinkness and gliteriness! Love you!
Post a Comment