Sunday, May 30, 2010

From a Tiny Seed...

...grows a giant idea!
Kinley came home from school one day and announced that she wanted a garden. Jeff decided that was a great idea and went to work on it. Her version of a garden turned in to a nice "L" shaped bed in which we planted squash, some kind of bean, tomatoes, lillies, and sunflowers.




Is it just me, or does Kinley look the same height as Kallen?? weird.

After a couple months of patience and constant checking on our sproutlings, we finally got to harvest!
(note the wayward sunflower seed that must have fallen out of the packet and grew up right next to the veggies!)

"Mommy, what is this?"
"Squash."
"Oh, I love squash."
In fact, she did eat some of that very squash at her KK's that day and insisted that she loved "fresh squash" until I tried to feed it to her again. She said, "I don't love it anymore." :)

No comments: