Friday, January 21, 2011

Before there were three...

... yep, more catching up to do ;)
First up, Jeff and Jack were picked to compete in the half-time contest at the Memphis Tigers game! They had to race to the other end of the court, make a lay-up, and sit back down in a chair (one was taken away each time). Notice the spry young guys they are competing against... I'd like to say Jeff won, but instead I'll tell you that he wasn't out first! ha! Good laughs :) So funny!


Back at home, it warmed up a little one day so we headed out after school so the girls could play with all their new fun gear! 
Kinley practices skating

Kallen on her new bike

Kinley speeding away on the Big Wheel

A turn on the scooter...

And Kallen's turn on the Big Wheel. Who doesn't love a Big Wheel?!

Not too long after it was warm, it turned cold again! We had so many snow days this year. I think I heard this was the most precipitous month in recent history. I believe it! 
Note: The bowl on the right was placed the night before when the snow started falling so we could make some y-u-m-m-y snow cream!



When we woke up in the morning and saw how much snow fell, we were all so excited. The girls wouldn't even sit down to eat their breakfast!

After gobbling up some mini pancakes and getting a couple of layers on, they headed out!

They met up with Anna Banana next door and we all decided to go sledding!

There is a huge hill in the neighborhood next to ours perfect for sledding, so we loaded up in Mandy and Anna's golf cart and took off. (NO, I did not go sledding, I was still majorly preggo at this point in time. I may, however, have tiptoed very carefully along the edge of that fence to watch the girls...don't tell... Luckily, I did not slide down the hill :))

I was actually pretty shocked that my girls both went down Mt. Crazy in the sled. It was really steep! So steep that some smart person had rigged a rope to the fence corner to help little sledders make it back up the hill. Yowza, I thought Kallen was never gonna make it back up. I think that part scared her more than the sled down! She chose to cling to my leg the rest of the time. Can't say I blamed her.

Kinley was super brave and went down hill in the sled once, and on her tush about a billion times. She preferred sliding sans-sled so she could control the speed I think. Don't blame her either!

Finally, the girls tired out and we went back to our house for some hot toto! 
(That's Kallen-speak for hot cocoa)

Jeff got to come home from work early (yay!), so we went sledding again...this time at Bud and KK's. Their hill is MUCH more our speed!


All smiles!

They made a beautiful snow girl

And had an absolute blast sledding.


Back at home, Kitty watched out the window as the girls kept on playing! This was by far the best snow day we have ever had. Not too long ago, both girls cried after about 5 minutes in the snow. Now, we couldn't drag them away from it if we tried!


"Brrr...!"

It's a "Snow Kallen"!

It took Snow Kallen almost a week to melt! What a fun day! Whew! We slept good that night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you found a good use for our hill!

Love, KK