Saturday, September 17, 2011

Red Birds!

Yippee! I made it to September! Kinley is hilarious. She convinces herself she doesn't like things, and then in her own sweet time she will get brave enough to try it and decide she does. Coke, for example. She has declared she didn't like coke (or any soda) for as long as I can remember. Occasionally she will tolerate Sprite. But, give this girl a glass of milk and you've made her day! One day, she asked if she could try my coke. Inside, I was shocked! Outside, I calmly said, "sure". She smiled really big and said, "I like it! I like Coke!" Ha! Not sure if this is a good thing, I'd rather her stick to milk! But, glad she is branching out...slowly, of course :)

Our buddy, Brian, was running for mayor so we hosted a cookout "meet & greet", complete with Bounce House! Fun!

Our friends, the Tidwells, invited us to go to a Redbirds game and look who was waiting at the front gate when we entered! Our kids had no clue who they were, and Kallen was too afraid of them to get close, but Kinley was brave enough for a photo to send to her Aunt Ali and Uncle Jim.

Learning about the game with Daddy

Sweet friends. Even if they can't sit by each other in class anymore, ha!

Ready to catch a ball!

After the game, we tried to ride the trolley, but realized a little too late that it was stopped for the night. Next best thing? A carriage ride!!

A lit up carriage with, um, a really colorful umbrella on top?

Our driver was very sweet and took photos for us

I only had my phone, so the quality isn't the greatest, but the memories are :)

Our last stop was at the fountain. She gave each of the kids a penny to throw and instructed them to make a wish.


What a great night :)

No comments: