Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Snow and the Countdown Begins...

Snow!!! Our first snow of the year. It didn't stick, but was beautiful coming down.

I have become friends with a great group of ladies from church. What started as a Bunco group has now become a Pinterest group (it's all the rage, y'all!) and once a month we get together to make something we've seen on Pinterest. January was the first month with the theme "Mod Podge". I made some cutesy clipboards for the girls, complete with their names on them. I am so thankful for my Bunco/Pinterest friends :)

Some more friends we are thankful for are the Yates! They invited us to join them for Princess Day at the Disney Store. I think they were promoting the new Belle movie, but the kids had a great time dressing up and making a craft.

A little song and dance time...

Princess Kinley



Kallen was so into it!


Emma preferred the safety of her mom's arms :)

Hannah Grace with her crown

Kinley


Little Miss Independent wanted to work alone...and did a great job!

This is Emma's princess smile, haha. Love that girl!


We found out in December that Kallen was going to have to have another surgery on her hip. Ugh, I can't say Jeff and I were surprised, there has not been much change throughout the years on her X-rays, but it was still very disappointing to hear. I tried to explain to Kallen what she was facing in terms she could understand "Surgery, cast, wheelchair, unable to go up the stairs..." but all she heard was "Surgery", "a cast ALL her friends could sign", "a wheelchair?? Yay! Fun!" and "You'll have to sleep downstairs...in mommy's room..." She thinks she won the jackpot. Poor kid. She was so excited, she told everyone we met about her surgery and wanted a countdown chain so she would know how far away her big day was.

She tore the links off on the days that were red links, and let Kinley do the pink days. What a sweetie :)


Have I mentioned how NOT excited I am about the "big day??" She had surgery when she was 7 months old and I made a sticker chart to help Kinley (okay, really, me) keep up with how close we were to getting the cast OFF. I am strangely attached to the sticker chart, it was such a rough period of time that felt like it would never end, but strangely flew by at the same time. The chart still hangs in her dresser cabinet, but some little fingers have picked some stickers off through the years :). 

We eventually made it to the end of that sticker chart, and I know we will make it through this time, too.

No comments: