Found this picture: A little Kinley sandwich on her birthday, haha.
June 6th was such a great day. We had so much fun hanging out and celebrating all things "Kinley!". Even Graham had a great time running around and playing. I put him to bed at 9:30 that evening after everyone left, and at 11:00 he was up crying. I went to check on him and found that he had a 103 temp. I gave him Motrin, figured he had strep throat again, and put him back to bed. At midnight, he started screaming, and I went to him. He was on fire! His temp was now 105.9. Say, what!? Fevers don't generally concern me, I am a nurse after all. But this one even had me panicking a bit! I stripped him down, put him in a tepid bath, consulted my ER dr friends, and waited for him to cool off. He quickly did (whew!) and went back to sleep. We high-tailed it to the pediatrician the next day to discover he had...drumroll...an ear infection! Poor buddy!
He laid around ALL day and was not himself at all. Thankfully, the fever never got back as high as it had been, and we prayed that he would recover quickly. Little buddy bounced back almost to normal by Saturday. Yay! I hate when my little ones are sick, but enjoy the extra snuggles :)
Jeff and I had planned to celebrate our 12th anniversary Saturday night. Since he bounced back so quickly, we went ahead with our dinner! I don't have any pics of us...but this is even better! My dinner...yummmmm! Rosetta al forno from Pasta Italia...mmmmm. Heaven in your mouth!
Miss Natalie sent me some pics to prove just how back to normal G was :)
Monday, we were back to normal again and ready for a fun week of VBS! The girls were invited to a morning VBS and we also signed up for a nighttime VBS...let the fun begin!
Kallen, Anna, Kinley, and Ella with 1/2 price Sonic shakes after VBS at New Hope!
With the girls gone so much, G has had to start calling his friends on the phone to talk, haha
Right in the middle of all of our VBS fun, I got a sinus infection and a ruptured eardrum. Boo! Whew, that hurt! So, while I was running around to doctors hoping someone could stop the pain and bleeding of my ear (seriously!), Mrs. Kari handled the VBS drop-off and even got Graham a ride on the train! He was obsessed with this thing, I know that made his day!
Thanks to a very caring ENT nurse practitioner and some good medicine, I was back to VBS drop-off that night. Deaf in one ear currently, but able to drive!
Last night of New Hope VBS
I love these two!
Haha. Yep. This pretty much sums up our week. Did I mention that we showed our house 6 times this week? In the middle of everything else going on?? Gotta love chaos :)
Took this sweetie out to Mirimichi to pick up a special Father's Day gift :)
Oh, these two were worn out! They made it through the last morning of Bellevue's VBS and then crashed that afternoon to rest up for the big show that night. Jeff and Mr. Michael took the kids to see the big production they do and get autographs from the performers. They needed the nap!
While the boys took a turn at VBS duty, Kari and I had a PTA girls' night out. We have both taken chair positions (not the super important PTA people, haha) to help next year. We had a team building scavenger hunt--which we won by the way!--and dinner followed. It was fun!
After the week we had, there's nothing like a lazy Saturday morning!
Well, nothing like a Saturday morning donut run and then a little house hunting...ours SOLD!!
More fun to come! I can't wait to see where this house hunt leads us :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment