Kinley had a research project due the week before school was out for Christmas. The students who dressed as their American Hero received extra credit. Kinley chose Sacajawea. I was initially put off by her having to do this at such a young age, but it was a great experience! Kinley learned so much, and really enjoyed learning the process of writing a paper, citing sources, etc. Our sweet friends had the most adorable costume they let us borrow, and our sweet babysitter helped Kinley design a papoose for baby Pomp!


Hmm, think someone needs a hair cut?!
The girls spent the night with Bud and Kk. They had a great time playing games and making crafts!
Meanwhile, back at home, G enjoyed life as an only child ;)
He sure loves his trains. To him, everything is a train or a track. It's pretty hilarious to this former all-girl mom. Erasers on a chalkboard tray-choo chop train. A sidewalk in a painting-train track. So sweet.
Back to school hair cut for Kallen! Curly hair is more difficult to manage I've discovered. Kinley's hair grows long, straight, and beautiful! Kallen's requires more frequent trimming. We prefer to go see Mr. David for our cuts, but we needed to get it done before starting back to school. Sweet n Sassy is always fun, and the girls love the sparkles and tattoos :)
After Kallen got her new 'do, they talked me into driving over to the pet store to "look around" ;). It was freezing, raining, and so windy outside, but we had a great time seeing all the animals. I asked them if we could get any pet there what would it be. Kinley said hamster, Kallen said dog, I said cat. Well, since no one agrees, no pet for us! haha. In all seriousness, we would love to get a dog or cat soon. But, with our allergies (and with a needy 2 year old at home) it's just not in the cards for now. We will stick with walking around the pet store :)
At long last, it was Graham's turn for a hair cut! I insisted on waiting for Mr. David to tackle G's long locks. I have been told that my grandmother wouldn't cut my dad's hair because she liked his long curls. There's the cutest picture of him in overalls pouting with long blonde ringlets. One day, he took himself to the barber shop and asked for a hair cut. The barber called my grandmother, and she agreed it was time. My great grandfather stood outside watching him get it cut and cried ;).
My dad warned me to not wait so long to cut G's hair, haha. He has had a couple of cuts before, and when the air is humid his curls are just precious. But, when it's 20 degrees outside…not so much. Mr. David takes a little while to get an appt with, but it was worth the wait! He did a great job, and I am loving Graham's new big boy hair cut :)
When we got home, I told Graham I really liked his haircut. His response: "Yeah! It's not in my eyes!"
Aw. Poor kid.
Able to see his trains now since his Mommy finally cut that mop, haha.
This winter has been no fun. Lots of freezing temps, lots of rain, but no snow! Boo! We decided we needed to get out of the house so we took a stroll through the mall and let the kids ride the carousel. I love how the little things truly do get them excited still :)
Graham handpicked this dragon to ride on!
Kinley on her pretty pony
And Kallen on hers!
That evening, our sweet neighbors came over to play and spend the night! Fun!
2014 is off to a great start!














No comments:
Post a Comment