Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunny Days... Sometimes too Sunny

This picture has nothing to do with this post... I just really like it :)

Back to business. The Agricenter always has a beautiful field of sunflowers in early August. I kept seeing gorgeous pictures on Facebook that people had taken there, so I thought, "Ooh, we need to do that, too!" So one bright sunny morning I loaded the girls into the car and headed off to capture some great shots!

That's it. There's my shot. That's the best I got. Upon arriving, the girls immediately started whining and crying that they were hot and it was too bright and the "wet grass is sticking to our legs!!"

It went downhill fast. Real fast. No one cared about the flowers or the bees or butterflies. They would NOT stand anywhere near each other. Or smile. They just wanted to go home. Immediately. Grr. (Honestly, it was stifling that day. But still, would one sweet sisterly pose kill them??)

Then Kallen spotted a butterfly and started flitting around while Kinley cried. Good times :)

"Woo Hoo! This is great, Mom!"

"Now take us home!"
Oh well. At least I got a good shot of Kinley eating a popsicle in her playhouse. Who needs sunflowers anyway??

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

I laughed and laughed at this! You are so funny! And your right...who needs stinkin sunflowers anyways.