It's official! Kallen is a big girl with a big girl bed (sniff).

Her crib converted into a full size bed, so technically, I still have a crib in the house :) But it makes for a really tall bed, so we decided she needed steps, too. I have always thought beds with steps were the coolest!

Kallen thinks so, too! "I wove (love) my big bed, Mommy!"

The big girls approve, too! We had to move her letters, though. One day during naptime, I heard a loud cry. I entered the room to find Kallen sitting on the bed with the letter "A" hanging around her neck and all the others scattered about her bed. Forget the scarlet letter, try the polka-dotted letter! She didn't get out of the bed, though!

We told Kallen that when the steps were by her bed, she was allowed to go up and down as she wished. But when the steps are gone at night and at nap time, she's to stay in her bed. She said, "Okay" and stayed right in her bed. What a good girl! It took some extra hugs and rocking chair time to convince her to stop crying and sleep those first couple of nights, but she adjusted quickly. She does still (over a month into having her big bed) sleep sideways as seen above. She insists on turning her pillow around and sleeping next to the headboard. We think it reminds of sleeping in her crib :) Sweet.
1 comment:
Aww, that's sweet! What a big girl! Even in such a big bed, I don't think that steps thing would have worked with my kids!
Post a Comment