I think Kinley has been planning her next party since the day after the last one. She loves to plan ahead and brainstorm. After MUCH deliberation and some very, um, creative ideas (Pajama Chuck-E-Cheese Party??No, thanks!) we decided to do an Art Party! She loves, loves to color, paint, create. It truly sums her up at this age. I used to be crafty back in my younger days (haha) so I started pondering what to do for invites. Call me crazy, I just couldn't buy invitations to an art party--seemed like it kinda defeated the purpose! So here's what we ended up with:
(A special thank you to our local Home Depot for the paint swatches!)
When the kids arrived, they picked out an apron.
Then they went to work decorating their goodie bags.
Once everyone arrived, we were off to paint! Yes, there were a biiiillion kids at this party :)
The kids all had so much fun creating their masterpieces.
How old are you??
Isabella managed to stay mostly clean! Impressive!
Oh, Kallen :) Notice, the masterpieces in the background all kinda swirled together in the end!
We got everyone cleaned up and went in for cake. An artist's palette, of course!
And some art palette cookies
I love this picture. Kinley is thinking of what to wish for before blowing out the candles :)
Presents!!
Finally, the pinatas. Lucy takes a good swing...
Kinley, too! Finally, Jeff had to bust open the goodies. The kids grabbed up tons of loot in their bags.
I didn't get a picture, but the kids also received a mini paint can full of fun art supplies.
After the party guests left, the family stayed for some food and fun. We wanted to try to get a shot of Kinley and Kallen with ALL their cousins!
Plus, we had one last birthday surprise........
Yep! Perkins baby #3 is due to arrive Feb 1st-ish!!
Happy Birthday to the best Kinley ever :) We love you so much.

2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Another beautiful Perkins baby!
And what a fabulous party! Love it! And love you!
party was so cute. i'm so excited about your pregnancy! yay!
Post a Comment