Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hello, 2013!

We actually rang in the New Year while Ali, Jim, and JonZReaTom were in town. I don't think I've ever been so excited for a new year. 2012 was a rough one, for sure, but we are still so very fortunate and I am excited to see what 2013 holds for us. Hopefully, surgery is NOT in the cards :)

G worked on his handwriting while the girls worked on Thank You cards

What a monkey!

Graham loves jumping off the table into someone's arms. The girls thought they should get in on the action!

Handsome fella

One of his favorite toys, "beep beep!"

G spotted a large truck outside of Kroger and kept yelling "Choo Choo!" ha!

We decided it was time for G to have some fun outside of home, so we signed him up for a Mom's Day Out program. He was so excited to get to take his backpack and lunch :) His teachers are so very sweet and I know he is in good hands! What ever will I do with 5 hours to myself!? Clean, likely. haha

We had some nice weather for January, so the girls wanted to try out their new scooters

Safety first!

Kinley has been working hard and saving up her points (points for good behavior, good deeds, chores, etc) and has been dying to make a "3 layer cake". I thought she meant a 3 layer cake with all layers the same size. I was wrong! Kallen explained to me that Kinley wanted a 3 layer cake, like a wedding cake, each layer getting smaller. Hmm. I put Graham to work playing with water in the sink. Score! And we gals got to work on a fancy 3 layer cake.

 The shirt got soaked and had to go :)

Kinley made a special "Kinley" sign for the top of the cake :)

The finished product! Not too shabby!!

The next day was a big day. One of my favorite events...Tamale Day! It's been a couple of years since we last made tamales. It takes a LOT of work and preparation, mostly on my parents' part. But, it is a family tradition that goes back a couple of generations and is special to us. Jeff kept up with the kiddos for the day and I went to my parents' to roll tamales. 





I know the process may not look too appetizing, but they are sooo good! Nothing makes me happier than a meal of hot tamales on a cold dreary day. Mmmm. In all, I believe we made and rolled around 27 dozen. Good times :)

One night, Jeff and I had a date night and we had our sweet babysitter come stay with the kids. They absolutely adore her, and we can see why! We found all of this in the playroom. A whole universe complete with stars hanging from the ceiling!

Their space ship

We heard all kinds of great stories about how they pretended they were astronauts and aliens. Even G got in on the fun.

They must've worn themselves out, we found both girls fast asleep in their beds.

According to Miss N, Kinley insisted on wearing her dress to bed ;)

We sure do love having Miss N around! She has so much creativity and energy!

No comments: