Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May Day!

The end of school is so close, we can almost taste it! We are all starting to go a little stir-crazy, and are so ready for summer!

Graham's MDO program had a "Muffins with Mom" breakfast one week. It was so sweet! We ate muffins and drank juice, and I even got a sweet potholder with G's hand print and a kitchen spoon! So precious! 


Later that same evening, my poor little guy started running fever :(. A trip to the dr the next day revealed that he had strep. Boo! He bounced back quickly, though. I hate seeing my babies sick...they do cuddle with me more though...so I kinda like that part of it ;)

I'm pretty sure there is no other photo of the 3 of us in existence, this pic is truly a gem! Keri, Amie, and I have worked together at LB for the past 12 years. We have been through so much with each other and  understand each other on a level that only an ER nurse/mom can! Keri and her family are moving to Jacksonville, FL so we had a Farewell Dinner for them. Even though we knew she was moving, I think Amie and I both just didn't really believe it! We had a great night and got to see lots of old work friends. We couldn't bring ourselves to say "bye" though...so instead we planned a farewell breakfast for the following week :). I sure am going to miss her! Will have to plan a trip to FL very soon!

The next day was Lacy's birthday party at Pump it Up! 
Kallen, Lacy, Claire, and Corinne (or Corinne and Claire!?)
These girls are such sweet friends!

Our sweet buddy, Jack (Rattlesnake Jack, that is) came over to play with Graham one day and they had the BEST time! Graham rarely gets to play with "swords" and "weapons" with big sisters around, so he thought this was just the coolest. We named him Gunsmoke Graham and the two of them had quite a duel :)

Sweet buddies! You can absolutely see the admiration in Graham's eyes :)

Teacher Appreciation Day was in early May. After setting up a nice lunch for Mrs. House, I got to eat with my best kindergartener! 

I dashed off to help set up Mrs. Harrison's lunch and made it back in time to spend a little lunchtime with my favorite 2nd grader, too! These girls are so silly!

Kinley and Jacob :)

This also happened to be "Author Book-signing Day" at school, and the girls got to meet Richard Sobol. Pretty cool! While waiting our turn, I received the highest compliments on my girls from the PE coach and the librarian. It makes this momma's heart swell to know that others see and appreciate the goodness and sweetness of my girlies! We are so very proud of them both!

Our latest purchase...a mattress! Rolled up! In a box!? That, my friends, is a king size mattress...

Voila! It truly is a mattress! I was a little afraid that we would open the box to find a mattress topper or something that included an air pump! Whew! And it's VERY comfy!!

No comments: