June has been a really fun month. We are enjoying summer break, and trying not to be too busy this year! Last year, it seemed the first part of summer was booked up before it even began, so I have tried to leave our calendar pretty open. It's been so nice, we have had lazy mornings, spontaneous fun, plenty of swim days!
One evening, we got an invite to join our friends, the Yates, at the drive-in to see Monsters University. Um, yes!! Fun!!
I hadn't been to the drive-in since seeing Six Pack with my family, circa 1982!
The next week, we were invited to swim at Lacy's with several other friends.
I'm not sure how or why, but Graham conquered his fear of pools that day! He discovered nothing bad would happen to him if he floated without holding onto me, and he had SO much fun!
The girls were invited to spend the night with Pop and Gigi (and Olivia and Lucy), so Graham and I spent the day doing productive things like laundry. His puppy and bear needed a bath, so I snuck them in the washer. When G realized they were missing, he stood watch at the dryer waiting on his little buddies to be done. Precious.
He climbed out of his bed that day at nap time, but quickly settled down and went right to sleep when I took him back in there. The next morning I woke up to him standing in my room saying, "Come 'ere. Help. Choc milk. Fell." Umm....yeah. Our crib days are done.
So, we decided it was time to turn the old crib back into a full size bed. Sigh. It sure was nice keeping him penned up while it lasted!
One last "miss" (kiss) through the rails! Aw! Sniff, sniff
We weren't sure how he would react, but he sure seemed proud of it once it was all put together!
I wish I could say the first night went smoothly, but...it didn't. Well, after midnight it did! He took a LONG time to settle down and fall asleep, but once he did, he was out for the night! The next few days have gotten better, he is starting to get used to it. Hopefully, this will pay off when we go on vacation soon--he will be sleeping in a big bed there, too. And hopefully, he will be used to it by then!








No comments:
Post a Comment