I apologize for my absence from the blog world. Who knew July was going to be such a crazy month? Not me! Aside from the daily craziness of having two young children, I also got sentenced to Jury Duty this month (my second time being called for Jury Duty. What gives!?). Anyway, I reported to jury duty armed with my book, prepared to sit around all day. I was not prepared to be called in the first batch of 50 jurors to report to court. I was NOT prepared to be seated in the jury box to be questioned for a sequestered jury. And I certainly was NOT prepared to be selected for said sequestered jury. Huh?! No! Yes. So, I started sending out the phone calls to Jeff, my parents, and work that I would be locked away for the better part of the week. We were already letting the girls spend the night with my parents since I had to be downtown kind of early. So, we decided to make it a weeklong event since Jeff leaves for work so early. I rushed home and started packing all the things two little girls might need for a week and then some. I packed my things, pondered slightly what I had gotten myself into, and reflected on all the excuses others had used. I had nothing. Nothing true anyway. So off I went to "My Sequestered Life" with 13 other strangers. The week was long, weird, funny, and stressful. I am happy to say there is one less criminal on the streets and DELIGHTED to say I am back home! Freedom is good, people.
If you live here in Memphis and haven't been, you've GOT to go! Except maybe you, Maribeth :) It was awesome! We had these little sticks with food clipped to them and these cute little birdies would just hop on and eat. Amazing!
I know the girls had a great time while I was gone. They got spoiled by their grandparents and had special Date Nights with their Daddy, too. But I think we all agree that it's good to get back to normal. A big thank you to Bud and KK for the week of care. I never worried about the girls, just misssed them dearly. I made some new friends, ate a LOT, and did my civic duty.
So glad to be back home with my favorite smiling faces :)

4 comments:
bless your heart!!! did you feel like you were in a movie? i hardly know anyone who has ever been called to serve on a jury, much less a sequestured one! because you served your civic duty, does that mean you are guaranteed a few free years? i hope so!
Wow, girl! I totally understand the jury thing - I just did my second term as a juror in April. NO fun! No one in my family has had it but me - and I've had it and sat on jury TWICE!! Never been sequestered, though. That's gotta stink!
Loved the birdie pics! I've got to get my kids out there soon!
I'm sorry you got sequestered, but we had a very nice week with the little Ks. Thanks to Jeff, Gram, Pop & Gigi for also helping to entertain them. And yes, I loved the bird exhibit, too! Much fun!
Love, KK
You are such a wonderful Mommy, Jodie! You HAVE had a busy month! Whew! I hope there is some down time in your future. Your girls are absolutely beautiful and precious! Love you!
Post a Comment