Wahoo!! We made it to the beach! Fourth of July we celebrated with our friends, Michael and Kari and their boys, and as we were leaving Kari asked if we were taking a vacation this summer. We joked that our vacation was the previous January at the Baptist Women's Hospital, Graham being our souvenir. Long story short, she suggested we go somewhere together, we suggested/insisted it would have to be a house on the beach with a pool to make it worthwhile with an infant who likes to sleep the days away, and VOILA! Here we are! We found possibly the last house available with all our requirements. Yippee!
Breakfast at Tas-t-o's, check! All packed and on the road! Kitty, too, of course!
Our view from the balcony!
After getting unpacked, we headed to the beach, of course!
Kallen checks out the waves
Kinley went for the sand!
Wow, Kallen jumps high!
Graham's first vacation! I think he's just happy to be out of the car!! Poor guy traveled great, but only slept about 40 minutes total on the way there.
The next morning, we got up and got ready to head back to the beach.
Kari surprised the kids with these cool cups :)
Kinley and Jacob were so pumped about the bunk beds. Poor Jack didn't understand why he couldn't sleep up high! Kallen had no desire...after all...that would have made it much harder to get out of bed in the night and come find us! In truth, that first night, she just started screaming and scared poor Kari to death. She rushed Kallen up to us. We just skipped that step the rest of the week and brought her on up after she fell asleep. Poor girl. Someday, she won't want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy anymore...right??
Kinley attempts a sand castle
G looks super cute in his swim shirt and hat
Michael is a good sport and lets the kids halfway bury him
Seashells!
Ah, life is good at the beach!
Kinley and Jacob at Tacky Jack's
The gang minus Jack, poor thing fell asleep at dinner!
After dinner we went to The Track for some fun!
My sweet boy
Kallen didn't want to drive the go-karts, she was happy to watch.
All aboard!
The spinning swings. I always loved these as a kid :)
Whee!
Future pilot? She sure would make a cute one!
Ha, Kinley wanted Jacob to fly her!
Kallen and Daddy on the big GoKarts!
Me and Kinley!
Thank goodness we saved the bumper boats until the end....
Despite what some may say, Jacob started it! See below for proof! ha!
By the end, they were all soaking wet. Dripping!
The next day, Jeff and Michael went golfing while Kari and I spent the day with the kiddos. We pretty much stayed at the pool so we could be close to the baby monitor. I had what I thought was a mosquito bite on my neck that had been itching SO bad all week. But, by Tuesday, it looked like this:
Turns out, I had Lyme Disease. So bizarre-o!! I vaguely remembered pulling something off my neck about a month prior not realizing it must have been a tick! Yikes! But, after some meds once I was back home I quickly got better. At least it didn't interfere with the trip!! Aside from the itching, that is. And thank goodness Kari had actually HAD Lyme Disease and recognized my bullseye. Crisis averted!
We had the brilliant idea to go play some Putt-Putt that evening. Um, it was about a 120 outside and insanely humid. Okay, maybe it was 119. Anyway, it was miserable. I managed to get a couple of pics before having a heat stroke.
Sweet Kallen, she makes misery look fun. Note Kinley in the background. She was pretty much running through the course. I couldn't keep up! That's why there are no pictures. This was our first time playing Putt-Putt as a family, and I am pretty sure my girls will never want to go back. It was pretty awful!
Poor buddy, baking in his carseat!
We finally got out of there, pretty sure we completed the course in record time! The guys took the kids for McD's while Kari and I went to Wal-Mart to gather some supplies for the next morning's surprise....
A happy Jack with his Mickey D's!
Yay for air-conditioning and chicken nuggets!
Stay tuned for Beach Post #2!














No comments:
Post a Comment