Hold on tight, here comes February in a large nutshell!
Kinley and G enjoying breakfast together after his big party
Now that he's two, he's old enough for the Tigers game! Um, wait, terrible two's?
Actually, he was an angel the whole game. Not terrible at all!
He may or may not have received some Benadryl for a runny nose before the game which may or may not have been responsible for an unusually sedate little guy...
Neat!
Cheese!
Poor guy passed out on the way home, too much fun.
Some very special friends of our family sent us a gift card for books for Christmas. We love reading over here and have been slowly, SLOWLY working our way through the Little House on the Prairie series. The girls really enjoy them! Problem is, we check them out from the library, but don't finish in time. So, we have to recheck...and we sometimes forget...or I have G with me so I just return it vowing to check it out again very soon... Anyway, when we received this sweet gift, I immediately searched for and found the Little House series to purchase. The girls are so excited. We love reading them together and now Kinley is able to read them independently. She has already flown through the first two! Thank you, Martha and Darrell!!
One beautiful cloudy day in February I let the kids run free for a while after school with the Tidwell boys. Love these kids and this weather!
Graham has a new trick...he closes his eyes really tight when we rock to pretend he is sleeping. Adorable.
Some of Kallen's school work, haha :)
Happy Valentine's Day to us!! Jeff knows how to spoil his girls. He got peanut butter chocolate cake pops...oh Y.U.M.
Jeff wanted to take the girls out for a special date night. They were so excited to get dressed up :)
First up, he took them shopping to spend some of their Christmas $$
Excuse the blur, but I love the panic on her face! Choices!!
Then they had dinner at Steak n Shake (he tried to take them to Texas Roadhouse for peanuts on the floor and steak but it was too crowded).
Then, dessert at Yogurt Mountain! They had such a fun night!
I really wanted to get out one day, sometimes sitting in the house with a two year old gets a little monotonous for the both of us. I wasn't so sure about taking him to the zoo because it was a little chilly, so we went to the pet store instead. It was so fun! We saw fish, birds, hamsters, snakes, guinea pigs...the highlight was the Doggie Daycare in the back of the store, though. Floor to ceiling glass windows separated us from the dogs who were getting their "play time". They all were fascinated by G, who was pretty taken with them, too. We also got to see a dog being groomed as we left. We will definitely have to go again :)
I love watching him sleep...he sure loves his puppy!
Beautiful Kinley
Art Show time at school! Kallen's beautiful fish!
Kinley's tiger is so cute! Proud of these creative girls!
Kallen's got to celebrate Grandparents' Day at school. She also won the Popcorn Race again! Two time winner!
Kallen with Bud and Kk
Kallen with Pop and Gigi
She is so lucky to have four amazing grandparents all in town. So thankful...
One of her pictures hanging on the wall, so cute :)
G and Alice at her birthday party. Happy 1st Birthday, big girl!!
This makes my heart smile...
Kinley and Morgan at Rylee's skating party
We had a nice dinner with our friends to celebrate both Valentine's Day and Kari's birthday. We had a great time with lots of laughs. So thankful for their friendship!
Toddler heaven. The only way we survive shopping these days is by going to Target and getting popcorn. Lifesaver!
Graham and I were in the area one day, so I decided to drive by my old home. I spent so many years in this house and have such great memories. I still think it's the prettiest on the block :)
We finally found a show that G will kinda watch. Jack's Big Music show! He probably only likes it because of the singing and music, he tunes out pretty quickly to most things on TV. I am not complaining, I don't want him staring at a TV all the time. I just hope our new discovery might buy me a couple of minutes of peace here and there!
(Update: it didn't. He watched it a couple of times and then didn't care much about it anymore. He is now getting into Thomas the Train though...still not much of a TV guy).
Beautiful girls with beautiful curls!
Kallen and her snow girl
G still loves to clean! He will drop food in the floor and roll over it with his truck, smashing it, just so I will pull out the vacuum. At least he cleans it up! Ha!
Kallen performed at her first violin solo competition. Competition is probably not the right word...evaluation? She played for a judge and then later received a ribbon and certificate. I was so proud of her for being so brave! She did great!!
Yeehaw! There's February! Whew!



















1 comment:
Oh my heart stopped when I saw our old house. I love that we have this in common. Some of my sweetest memories are from my life in that lovely home. Love you sweet friend!
Post a Comment